Date Posted: 23 September, 2021
Job Type: Full Time
Job Duration: ASAP-May
Minimum Education: Bachelors
Minimum Experience: 3-5 years
2nd/3rd Grade Co-teacher
High Meadows School in North Atlanta (Roswell), Georgia seeks a 2nd/3rd grade co-teacher.
The School takes pride in hiring dynamic, compassionate, and diverse faculty and staff who are
among the finest in their areas of expertise.
School’s Mission Statement
To celebrate and perpetuate each individual’s quest for knowledge and skill, sense of wonder,
and connection to the natural environment. We empower each to be a compassionate,
responsible, and active global citizen.
Our educators are experienced, energetic, and collaborative individuals who follow a
constructivist, progressive educational philosophy which is student-centered and hold kids to
high but reasonable standards. We look for educators who maintain excellence in relationships
with families, work successfully within a team, understand developmentally appropriate
practices for students at different grade levels, and foster an inclusive environment in their
classroom and school. At High Meadows, we believe that children possess a drive for cognitive,
physical, and social engagement—a drive that is developed and enhanced by an environment
that promotes academic challenge, creativity, personal responsibility, and a positive self-image.
Knowledge and Skill Set Requirements:
Must be motivated, nurturing, creative, self-directed and a collaborative team member. Must
have excellent communication and interpersonal skills with a passion and energy for teaching
children. Desire to play a meaningful role in each student’s daily school life and the life of the
school. Demonstrated ability to clearly communicate, collaborate, and work effectively in a
teaching partnership. Ability to nurture and challenge each student. Models continuous learning,
and demonstrates a commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion. Understands academic,
social, behavioral, and emotional development milestones of children. Understands positive
discipline in a progressive educational setting.
Essential Job Functions:
• The elementary co-teacher adheres to the school philosophy recognizing the
developmental nature of childhood growth and each child’s need for belonging.
• The co-teacher works in accordance with the mission and guiding principles of High Meadows School around approaches to learning/teaching, project-based instruction, and the Positive Discipline approach to behavior.
• The co-teacher is responsible for supervision and direct instruction, student assessment, narratives, communication with parents, and parent-student-teacher conferences.
• The co-teacher works in collaboration with another lead co-teacher and is responsible for student learning, classroom instruction, and curriculum implementation in the core subject areas or in a specialty area, depending on the teaching role and grade-level position.
• The co-teacher will work with another co-teacher and a team to design learning environments that are focused on creativity and innovation, striving to challenge students to a deeper thinking level and to develop a yearning for greater understanding.
• As an International Baccalaureate Primary Years Program®, teachers are responsible for presenting and creating units of study used to develop “inquiring, knowledgeable and caring young people who help to create a better and more peaceful world through intercultural understanding and respect.”
High Meadows School sits on 42 wooded acres in Roswell. The school is housed in several buildings spread across the two meadows on the property. We have an active barnyard on campus, serving as the home for horses, sheep, bunnies, chickens, and pigs. Faculty and staff must be comfortable traveling between buildings in all types of weather, participating in outdoor activities on the meadows and in the forest, and intermingling with animals.
Minimum Education/Prior Experience/Qualifications Required
Minimum of three to five current, consecutive years as a full-time teacher in appropriate grade level; Bachelor’s Degree required; Preference given to those with a bachelor’s or master’s degree in Education. Collaborative and interdisciplinary instruction experience a must.
Preferences given to applicants with:
• Current GA Teaching Certification
• Experience as a constructivist educator
• Experience as a Teacher in a progressive school setting preferred
• International Baccalaureate School (PYP) experience
Please send cover letter indicating interest, educational philosophy, and resume to: Lori Kennedy email@example.com (Please, no phone calls. Only candidates selected for the next step will be contacted.)
High Meadows School does not discriminate on the basis of disability, race, color, creed, national origin, religion, veteran status, sex, age or sexual orientation in employment, admission of students or in providing its services in any manner.
The Harpeth Hall School
Date Posted: December 3, 2021
Girls Preparatory School