Date Posted: 5 January, 2022
Job Type: Full Time
Frederica Academy is a Pre-K – 12th Grade independent school located on St. Simons Island, GA. The Academy is a member of NAIS and GISA, accredited by the SAIS/Cognia/Southern Association of Colleges and Schools. The school has approximately 450 students.
For more information, please see our school website at www.fredericaacademy.org and our School Profile under “About us.”
Frederica Academy Mission Statement: To maximize each student’s potential and prepare him or her for college and adult life through the development of mind, body, and spirit.
Frederica Academy seeks a Middle School Science Instructor to begin in August 2022. Interested applicants should be able to teach 5 classes and guide students in independent research projects. Other responsibilities include, but are not limited to Middle School Advisory, other school activities and area assigned duties. Other academic electives are also desired.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
The Middle School Science Instructor is required to perform a range of duties including, but not limited to:
● Develop the curriculum materials, syllabus, outlines, labs, and assessments.
● Conduct an after-school tutorial as scheduled.
● Participate in all advisory, faculty, department meetings as called.
● Be involved in the life of the school, beyond the classroom (coaching and/or advisor to an organization of student leadership).
● Maintain an actively engaged classroom environment to support student learning.
● Instruct and assess students in a positive environment. Assess and document student work in a timely manner.
● Sustain frequent contact with students and parents about student performance and behavior. Participate in parent / teacher
conferences as necessary.
● Serve as an Advisor and complete all activities and assignments related to this role.
● Share in building duties, such as, monitoring lunchroom and hallways.
● Pursue professional development opportunities.
● Be willing to help plan and chaperone student off campus experiences.
● Serve on Middle School committees and school-wide committees as necessary.
● Participate in Admissions Open House and other school events as requested by the Middle School Director or the Head of School.
● Attend and support after-school activities and programs (i.e. concerts, sporting events).
● Support the school’s commitment to diversity and multicultural education.
● Work collaboratively with colleagues in the Middle School and across divisions.
● Serve as an active member of the cross-divisional Science Department.
● Complete required Human Resources trainings each year (CPR, first aid, mandatory reporting, etc.).
● Fulfill additional duties as assigned by the Middle School Director or Head of School.
● Bachelor’s degree in related field. Master’s degree is preferred.
● A strong desire to work in a collaborative community.
● Demonstrates flexibility and responsiveness to a variety of learning styles and a range of abilities.
● Coaching in athletics or the arts a plus.
● Ethical behavior, professionalism and a respect for diversity.
● It is preferable that an applicant has multiple years of Middle School experience in an independent school atmosphere.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The individual can expect the possibility of a stressful environment while dealing with a wide variety of challenges and can anticipate deadlines with a varied array of student situations. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. Varied extreme outside weather conditions during special activities and school events are possible. The employee will primarily teach indoors with occasional field trips off campus. Some evening and weekend commitments are required.
Frederica Academy is dedicated to providing equal employment opportunities to all personnel and applicants for employment without regard to race; color; religion; sex; national origin; handicap or disability; sexual orientation; or status as a veteran, Vietnam
era, or special disabled veteran.
Charlotte Latin School
Date Posted: January 16, 2022
The Harpeth Hall School
Date Posted: January 14, 2022
The New Community School